Planning The Installation Of Access Control Systems At Your Workplace
Access control systems are an excellent security measure to install in your workplace. They regulate the traffic of people going in and out of the office and control access for individuals in and out of restricted areas. They are the perfect security systems that you need for peace of mind on your premises.
In this article, we will go over the installation process when it comes to access control systems and the steps a locksmith in Toronto will take to install one in your building. Take a look below to find out more.
Designing and Planning Your Access Control System
Your access control system needs to fit your requirements and, as such, you’ll need to consider a few things before you get started. These include which doors you’re going to install locks on, where you will place card readers, and who will manage the system once it is installed.
Companies install an access control system for many different reasons including:
- For physical security needs – This means controlling who has access to where and being able to keep track of movements throughout the buildings they own.
- Technical data – An access control system will store data on who has been where in the building, making it easier to control and restrict access where necessary.
- Ease of use – Once installed, access control systems are very easy to use. Cards are harder to duplicate than keys; a swipe gets you through the door, and there is no fumbling with masses of different keys.
- Remote use – Even when not on-site, access control systems can be used to manage traffic and restrict access.
With all these in mind, you’ll need to consider why you are investing in a commercial access control system and how this impacts the type of system you use, how and where it is installed, and who is going to run it once it is in place.
The Procurement of Access Control Systems
Finding someone to fit your access control system is the next step. As they can be installed by several different specialists, we recommend looking out for a company that understands your needs. Many Toronto locksmith companies offer access control system installation and have the requisite knowledge to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Once you have found a company that you trust to install your system, it’s all about planning. You’ll have the chance to discuss how and where you want the system installed as well as go over any custom aspects of the system.
Once the plan is finalized, you’ll need to get a quote. Access control systems are an important aspect of building security, but you need to find a company that will work within your budget and has the expertise to install those systems. Don’t be afraid to explore your options to find the best locksmith company for you.
Installing the Access Control System Hardware
The installation process has a few necessary steps to get your access control system up and running. The Etobicoke locksmith that you hire to do the job will take the following steps:
- Initial inspection – The first thing a locksmith will do is check out your building, looking into the potential places your locks will be installed and working out how the wires will run from the main controller and power board to these locations.
- Configuration – This will require internet access and is the step that gets your system online. You’ll be given a default username and password that we recommend changing as soon as possible for better security.
- Authentication – At this point, your system is online, and it’s now time to allocate control and restrictions to users based on their role within your company.
Testing, Onboarding and Training For Your Access Control System
We recommend a thorough test of your system before you properly use it. This means testing each piece of hardware, the control panel, and the overall system to ensure there are no errors in the setup. You can usually do this by trying to access your system with incorrect credentials.
Once you’re convinced it is working properly, you can commence with the onboarding process and train the individuals who will be allowed access and control over the system. You may have a security or IT team managing your system who will need to know the ins and outs of the access control system before use.
Looking to Install an Access Control System For Your Office? Call Lock-Up Services Today!
Are you looking for a locksmith in Toronto to install an access control system on your premises? Lock-Up Services have experience in fitting these kinds of systems and are committing to offering you excellent customer service, thorough setup, and proper planning.
Lock-Up Services is proud to serve Etobicoke and the Greater Toronto Area. Get in touch today to see how we can help your company out with all your security needs!